1975 Foundation Stone for the Institute building was laid on 22nd June 1975 by late Sri. R. Gundu Rao
1977 Inauguration of Institute by late Sri. Mohanlal Sukhadia on 30th January 1977.
1982 Inauguration of the First Floor by Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Karnataka Sri. R. Gundu Rao .
1983 Integrated School for the Hearing Impaired started at R. V. School
1987 • Pre-School for young Hearing Impaired children.
• Started one year Post Graduate Diploma in Education of the Deaf.
1988 Started Special School for the Hearing Impaired children in a rented building.
1991 • Undergraduate D. Ed [Hearing Impaired] one year course in Kannada and English medium.
• Sunaad School for Hearing Impaired (Kannada medium) was inaugurated by Lion. Ranganathan in the new premises.
1993 B. Sc [Speech and Hearing], a three year degree course was started with affiliation of Bangalore University.
1994 State Award for the best Institution serving the handicapped.
1995 Inauguration of Academic Block in Second Floor by Hon’ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Karnataka Sri. H. D. Deve Gowda.
1996 Commencement of Cochlear Implant program.
1997 Grant received from Lions Clubs International Foundation [L.C.I.F] for purchase of equipment
1998 A five year WHO Project on ‘Prevention and Prevalence of Deafness commenced.
1999 Introduction of M. Sc [Speech and Hearing], post graduation course affiliated to Bangalore University.
2000 • Recognition from Bangalore University for conducting research and Ph. D programme in Speech, Language and Hearing.
• Launch of Sign Language Course for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired.
• Bangalore Speech and Hearing Trust named the Institute after its founder Dr. S. R. Chandrasekhar.
• Inauguration of Project Communication DEALL
2001 • Institute Website was launched by Smt. Meera Saxena.
• Sanction of grant of $72,000 by Lions Clubs International Foundation [LCIF] towards purchase of equipments.
2002 Silver Jubilee Celebrations & inauguration of Silver Jubilee Block by Chief Minister Sri. S. M. Krishna.
2003 Institute was awarded ‘Excellence in Achievement’ by Rehabilitation Council of India.
2004 • Construction of additional space in the institute with the grant of Rs 17 lakh received from Government of
Karnataka- one floor added to the School building, four classrooms and a seminar hall added to the institute.
• Construction of sound proof rooms with air conditioning in Audiology department.
2005 • Inauguration of Computer Education for children of Sunaad School for Hearing Impaired.
• Construction of Ladies Hostel.
2006 • Inauguration of Student Computer Lab with internet facility.
• MOU signed with Spastics Society of Karnataka for speech language therapy services.
• Construction of Audio Visual Laboratory for Auditory Verbal Therapy with the support of Rs 8 lakh received from Infosys Foundation.
• Installation of Satellite link facilities with RCI for training purposes.
• Introduction of M. Sc (SLP) & M. Sc (Aud), post graduate courses.
2007 • Commencement of Learning Disability Unit at the Institute.
• Commencement of Mothers Training Centre for children with hearing impairment.
2008 • ‘Chanakya Award’ for the Best NGO in India by the Public Relations Council of India.
• Launch of National Program for Prevention & Control of Deafness (NPPCD), a Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
initiative for early identification and intervention of hearing impairment.
• Academic Advisory Committee constituted to guide academic and research activities of the Institute.
• Launch of Cleft Lip and Palate Clinic in collaboration with Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain hospital and Sri Ramachandra
University, Chennai under the Smile Train project
• Installation of Satellite link facilities with RCI for training purposes .
2009 • Institute received ISO 9001:2000 Certification from Perry Johnson Registrars, Inc, USA.
• Award of Excellence to Prof. Madhuri Gore, Principal by International Business School, Public Relations Council of India, &
Book Paradise Chambers Academy with Rotary Club of Bangalore South
• Dr. S.R. Chandrasekhar, Founder and Patron & Chief, conferred with the prestigious Vocational Excellence Award from
Rotary Bangalore Orchards, RI Dist 3190.
• Institute received a donation of US $ 50,000 from Sri Bhojakumar S Konanur in loving memory of his parents Smt. K. S.
Bramaramba & Dr. K. S. Sriram towards auditorium.
• Rotary Bangalore Orchards donates Swaraj Mazda Sartaj Standard School Bus to school.
2010 • Inauguration of Smt. K. S. Bramaramba & Dr. K. S. Sriram Auditorium by Rtn. Manandi Suresh & Dr. M.K. Panduranga.
• Rotary Club of Bangalore Orchards & Inner Wheel Club of Bangalore Orchards confers award on teachers of Sunnad School.
2011 • Institute receives a donation of US $ 64,500 from Sri Bhojakumar S Konanur towards Smt. K. S. Bramaramba &
Dr. K. S.Sriram endowment committee.
• Speech and Hearing equipments worth Rs 23,51,737/- purchased with the support of Rotary Bangalore Orchards, RI Dist.
3190, Rotary Club of Columbia Center, Kennewick, RI Dist. 5080 and Rotary Foundation.
• Inauguration of Computer Assisted Learning Lab made possible through the support of “Sankya project” of Rotary
Club of Bangalore South and Rotary Club of R T Nagar.
2013 • Setting up of a Placement cell for adult deaf and graduating rehabilitation professionals.
• College Block at the Institute was inaugurated on Thursday 21st, November
by Mr.K.J.George, Honourable Minister for Home, Govt, of Karnataka.
• Received Rs.20 lakhs from M P LAD fund from Sri P.C. Mohan for construction of multipurpose hall and
expansion of the building.
2014 • Instituting of the “Dr.S.R.Chandrasekhar Travel Fellowship” by Bangalore Speech and Hearing Trust in
Indian Speech & Hearing Association.
• Inauguration of Sri Bhojakumar S. Konanur Gym & Health Care Center.
2015 • Institute has designed and built the first mobile speech and hearing clinic, a bus with sound treated room (as per ANSI,
1999) for hearing testing. It has unique feature of make shift ramp and electric elevator at the foot board to lift a wheel
chair user to reach the testing chambers.
• Institute runs the first Sign Language supported free medical consultation for deaf Men and Women in the Country.
• Institute offers free Skype based Sign Language Interpreter service on request. (All police stations, courts of
law, district magistrate and Govt. Departments in Karnataka have been informed).
• The recipient of this prestigious Fellowship was Prof. Vishaka Rawool holds the position of Director of the
Audiology Research Laboratory and Director of Graduate Study in Audiology, Department of Communication
Sciences and Disorders, at West Virginia University, USA.
2016 • Institute insisted the Dr. S R Chandrashekar Memorial Award Honoring Smt. Umashree, Hon’ble Minister, for Women
and Child Welfare and Kannada & Culture, Govt. of Karnataka with Dr. S. R. Chandrasekhar Memorial Award – 2016.
• Institute insisted the Best Alumni Award Dr. Madhuri Gore, Principal & Deputy Director (Technical), receiving Dr. SRC
Best Alumni Award. Dr. Rashmi J. Bhat, Vice Principal and HOD, Dept. of Hearing Studies, receiving
Dr. SRC Best Alumni Award.
• Certificate of Appreciation – Rotary Club of Bangalore Cantonment.
• Students Choice of 2016 conducted by collegesearch.
• The recipient of this prestigious Fellowship was Prof. Lirong Lilly Cheng, President of the World Body of Speech and
Hearing Association and Chair of the Education Committee for the International Association of Logopedics and
Phoniatrics and current President of IALP.
2017 • Membership Letter of International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics (IALP)
• The recipient of this prestigious Fellowship was Dr. Kenneth R. Pugh, President and Director of Research of Haskins
Laboratories, Prof. of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Associate Prof. of Linguistics, Yale University & Diagnostic
Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine.
• Hon’ble Shri D.H. Shankaramurthy, Chairman of the Legislative Council of Karnataka, being conferred with the
Dr. S.R. Chandrasekhar Memorial Award 2017.
• Best Alumni Award presented to Dr. Anita Reddy and Ms. Soumya S. by Parama Pujya Acharya Mahamandaleshwara
Jagadguru Sri Sri Sri Jayendra Puri Mahaswamiji, Padasevaka Peethadhipathi of Sri Kailash Ashrama Mahasamsthana.
• NAAC Accreditation.
• Inauguration of the B.N. Gupta Speech and Hearing Research Centre by Former Chief Justice of India Sri. M.N. Venkatachaliah
2018 • Inauguration of Sri B.N. Gupta Research Centre
On 14th June 2018, the Sri B.N. Gupta Research Centre and Staff Room were inaugurated.
The Chief Guest and Guest of Honour on this occasion were our generous donors Sri B. Krishna from
Janmabhoomi Press Trust Sri T. Srinivas, President Ashakta Poshaka Sabha respectively. Both of them were
honoured by management committee members. Dr. Rtn. M.S. Venkatesh, Chairman, Bangalore
Speech and Hearing Trust presided over the event.
• Dr. SR Chandrasekhar Memorial Award was conferred on Sri P.C. Mohan, Hon’ble Member of Parliament
• Best Alumni Award presented to Mr. Anurag Kumar and Ms. Roshini Pillai by Dr. M.S. Venkatesh
• CSR project from Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL ) was approved for the project proposal : System for creating
awareness and prevention of music deafness (Recreational deafness through use of Mobile phones) of
Rs.1,80,000/- on 9-2-2018
• CSR project from Cognizant Foundation was approved for the project proposal : IT enabled classrooms for students in
Sunaad school for the hearing impaired of Rs.14,07,722/- on 27-06-2018
2019 • Dr. M.S. Venkatesh, Director, Dr.SRCISH received Best Industry Academia Interface Award (South) from EdTechReview.
• Certificate of Appreciation from World Hearing Day (WHO)
• Commencement of First fellowship on “Speech And Swallowing Rehabilitation After Head And Neck Cancer
Treatment” headed by Dr. B S Premalatha.
2020 • The Journal of Hearing Language and speech was released during the Dr.SRC Travel Fellow’s visit to the Institute.
• Received Certificate of Appreciation for the contribution to World Hearing Day 2020 from The President of
IALP : Dr.Pam Enderby OBE, Ph.D, DSc, M.Sc FRCSLT on 07-04-2020.
• Received Certificate of Appreciation for participating in World Hearing Day 2020 from World Health Organization
(WHO) on 19-05-2020.
• First Voluntary Blood donation camp was organized by Lions Blood Bank , Unit of Bangalore Lions Service Trust (BLST)
under the Chairmanship of Ln.V.V.Krishna Reddy on 9-10-2020 at the Institute
• Dr. Caroline Bowen CPSP, ASHA Fellow, Hon. FRCSLT, the 6th Dr. S.R. Chandrasekhar Travel Fellowship Awardee visited
the institute on 12th February 2020 and delivered a talk on “Making the minutes count: Streamlining assessment and
intervention for children with speech sound disorders.
• Rtn. Dr. M.S Venkatesh, Director of Dr. S.R.C.ISH was conferred the “Vasavi Excellence Award 2020,” a life time
achievement award in the field of education on 1st March 2020 at Jnana Jyothi Auditorium, Bangalore. This event was
organized by Karnataka Arya Vysya Mahasabha, Bangalore.
• Ln.V.V.Krishna Reddy, Chairman, received the “Best Speech & Hearing Institute/ School of the Year 2020”
Karnataka Award for Dr.S.R. Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing under the “Social Contribution &
NGO” Category organized by National Educational Excellence Awards & Conference on 27-11-2020 at Bengaluru.
• Institute is recognized for Ph.D & Research program with Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) on 24-01-2020
• Institute has started Post Graduate Diploma in Auditory Verbal Therapy (PGDAVT) on October 2019
• Commencement of Fellowship program Cochlear Implant program was started.
2021 • The Founders Day celebration, Dr.S.R.C.Memorial Award ceremony and Donors meet was celebrated on 17th
February 2021. We were fortunate to have Chief Guest Smt.Jolle Shashikala Annasaheb, Department Minister,
Department of Women and Child Empowerment , of Differently Abled and Senior Citizen ,
Govt. of Karnataka as the Chief Guest. Guest on Honour, Sri. Sri.Sri.Japananda Swamji, Chairman ,Swami Vivekananda
Integrated Rural Health Centre, Shree Sharadadevi Eye Hospital & Research Centre,Swami Vivekananda Nagara,
Pavagada graced the occasion.
• Dr.S.R.C.Memorial Award was conferred on Dr.Madhuri Gore, Professor, Ex- Deputy Director & Ex-Principal,
Dr.S.R.Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing,
• On 23rd Dec 2021 Lion. V.V.Krishna Reddy Chairman DR.SRCISH received Life Time Education Excellence Award for
outstanding achievements and remarkable role in chosen field of Education by International
Business Council at New Delhi.
• We received CSR registration certificate no. CSR00004396 from Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India to
undertake CSR activities on 30-04-2021.
We received Certificate of Empanelment from Tata Institute of Social science (TISS), Mumbai on 25th May 2021.
• The New School building was constructed at Sunaad school and pooja was arranged on 9TH September 2021 .
• A “Parent Support Network” for parents who have children with special needs was started on 1st November 2021
by Dr. Sarika Khurana, Deputy Director Clinics
• Free RT-PCR Covid-19 test was conducted for the staff & students of the Institute, college, school at the Institute
Auditorium and Sunaad School
• Free Covid-19 vaccination was conducted for the staff & students of the Institute, college, school at the Institute
Auditorium and Sunaad School
2022 • CSR project was approved by SBI foundation for the proposal title : Upgradation of Clinical Services of
Dr.S.R.Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing of Rs. 78,33,000/- on 28-01- 2022.
• Mega camp was organized at Ramakrishna Sevashrama, Pavagada on 27-03-2022, total no. of 96 cases was tested and
87 cases was referred to the institute for further testing.
• CSR Project from Tech Mahindra Foundation was sanctioned for the proposal title Sabal Vidhyabhyas under TMF’s
Program called”All Round Improvement in School Education (for Children with Disabilities)” (ARISE+). of
Rs.6,69,000/- on 13th -April 2022
• A Mega camp was organized for one month at Chittoor, Annamayya, Tirupati Districts organized by Lions
International District 317-E in the month of September 2022
• Institute purchased 4 acres of land opp. Aerospace Park at Bagalur village , for establishing “Academy of Excellence in
Speech and Hearing”.
• The Founders Day celebration, Dr.S.R.C.Memorial Award ceremony and Donors meet was followed by Graduation day
on Tuesday 17th May 2022. We were fortunate to have Hon’ble Governor of Karnataka Sri. Dr. Thaawarchand Gehlot,
Govt. of Karnataka as the Chief Guest. Guest of Honour, Prof. Dr. S. Chandrashekar Shetty Former Vice Chancellor
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Sri. Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research,
Adichunchanagiri University, Karnataka and Guest of Honour, Er.Pankaj Maru Member, Central Advisory Board,
Dept. of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Guests,
Donors and Trustees graced the occasion.
• Dr.S.R.C.Memorial Award was conferred on Dr.Prathibha Karanth Director & Managing Trustee Com DEALL &
Trustee DRSRCISH for her contribution to the Profession by the Chief Guest Hon’ble Governor of Karnataka
Sri. Dr. Thaawarchand Gehlot.
• The fellowship in Clinical Audiology was started on 12/09/2022
• The distribution of Free Hearing aids was initiated by the Chairman Lion. V.V.Krishna Reddy to the needy people.
• Started extension program at
• Swami Vivekananda Integrated Rural Health centre, Pavagada
• BBMP hospital
• Sir C.V.Raman
• K.R.Puram General hospital
• KC General hospital