NAME OF THE COURSE OFFERED
As per UGC Notification of 2014, the nomenclature of the program shall be Master of Science (Audiology). M.Sc (Aud) is the short form.
OBJECTIVES OF THE M.SC (AUD) PROGRAM
The objectives of the M.Sc (Aud) program are to equip the students with knowledge and skills to
- Function as teachers and researchers in institutions of higher learning,
- Diagnose and manage disorders of hearing and balance across life span,
- Counsel and guide persons with disorders of hearing and balance as well as their family members,
- Implement rehabilitation programs for persons with hearing and balance disorders,
- To function as the disability certification authority in the field,
- Liaise with professionals in allied fields and other stake holders,
- Implement prevention and public education programs,
- Undertake advocacy measures on behalf of and for persons with hearing and balance disorders,
- Advise government and other institutions on legal and policy issues related to persons with hearing and balance disorders, and
- To establish and administer institutions of higher learning in the area.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM
- The program shall be of 4 semesters (2 academic years) and should be completed within 4 years from the date of admission.
- An academic year consists of two semesters, and each semester shall extend over a minimum period of fourteen weeks excluding examination days. The semesters shall be spread out as per calendar of the university.
- There shall be examination at the end of each semester. Vacation will be as per Bangalore University
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
Medium of instruction shall be English
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Candidates with a B.ASLP, B.Sc (Speech & Hearing), BSLPA degree of any University recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India or any other degree considered as equivalent thereto with an average of not less than 55% of marks are eligible for admission to M.Sc (Aud). “Average” refers to average of the aggregate marks obtained in all the years/semesters of the qualifying examination.
- Relaxation in the qualifying marks shall be as per rules and regulations of respective University / State / Union Territories or the Central Government.
- Applicants shall not be older than 30 years on the 1st July of the year of admission.