As per UGC Notification of 2014, the nomenclature of the program shall be Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. B. ASLP is the short form.
OBJECTIVES OF THE B.ASLP PROGRAM
The objectives of the B.ASLP program are to equip the students with knowledge and skills to
- Function as audiologists and speech-language pathologists in different work settings
- Understand concepts in speech, language, communication, hearing and disability
- Screen, evaluate, diagnose and assess the severity of different disorders related to speech, language, swallowing and hearing,
- Manage speech, language, swallowing and hearing disorders across life span
- Counsel persons with disorders of communication and their family members
- Rehabilitate persons with speech, language, swallowing and hearing disorders
- Prevent speech, language, swallowing and hearing disorders
- Liaise with professionals in allied fields and other stake holders
- Implement public awareness and education program,
- Undertake advocacy measures on behalf of and for persons with speech language and hearing disorders
DURATION OF THE PROGRAM
- The program shall be of 4 academic years including 1 year of internship and should be completed within six years from the date of admission.
- An academic year consists of two semesters, and each semester shall extend over a minimum period of fourteen weeks excluding examination days. The semesters shall be spread out as per rules of Bangalore University.
- There shall be examinations at the end of each semester. Vacation will be declared by the University.
- Number of working days in a semester shall be as per Bangalore University regulations.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
Medium of instruction shall be English
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- The candidate applying for admission to B.ASLP program should have passed 10+2 examination or an equivalent examination conducted by the Pre University Board of Education of the respective State Government securing a minimum of 50% marks. Relaxation in the qualifying marks shall be as per rules and regulations of Bangalore University.
- The applicant/candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics / Computer Science / Statistics / Electronics / Psychology.
- Applicants shall not be older than 30 years on the 1st July of the year of admission.