Dr. S. R. Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing, Bangalore, having established as a public institution with public participation and generous contributions, constantly made efforts to have proper and achievable vision and mission as follows:
The vision of Dr. S. R. Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing is to establish it-self as a centre of excellence:
- A world without activity limitation for persons with communication disorders.
The mission of Dr. S. R. Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech & Hearing is to work towards achieving the vision by:
- Develop need felt world class human resources.
- Research that ensures human rights.
- Develop clinical services that promote equal opportunities at affordable cost.
- Develop cutting edge science and technology to achieve our vision.
- Initiate preventive and pre-emptive action to avoid conditions leading to disabilities.
- Develop programmes in a whole life perspective and reduce the burden of family members of people with communication disorders.
- Create and provide infrastructure, laboratory, library and related facilities as stipulated by University and statutory bodies.