Grievance Redressal Committee of Dr. S.R. Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing
Chairperson: Ms. Deborah Athaide
1. Member: Ms. Teja Dessai
2. Member: Dr. Mereen Rose Babu
3. 1 P.G. Student
4. 1 U.G. Student
The goal of the committee is to ensure maintenance of a harmonious environment for learning.
- To ensure that grievances of students, all faculty (technical and non-technical staff) are allowed to be expressed.
- To address grievances in a manner that is ethical, just, fair, and within the frame-work of the rules and regulations of the institute
- To redress grievances promptly.
- To ensure effective, sensitive and confidential communication between all involved
Standard Operating Procedures:
- Anyone with a genuine grievance may submit a written grievance to any members of the committee.
- In case an individual is unwilling to submit grievance in-person, grievances may be dropped in writing in the grievance boxes placed in the washrooms on the third floor.
- Grievances may also be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The grievance redressal committee members will meet once a month on a Thursday from 1.30 to 2.30. Members may meet more frequently, if required.
- The grievance box, email inbox, and letters received in-person will be opened during this meeting.
- The Grievance Redressal Committee will address the submitted grievances as early as possible in the following manner.
– The received grievances will be shared either verbally or via email with the Deputy Director – Academics/Principal; clinic-related grievances will be further forwarded to the Deputy Director – Clinical. Grievances will be discussed with other authorities as
per the discretion of DDA/DDC, if their action/advice is required.
– The merit of the received grievances will be judged.
– The causes of the grievances, resolution progress, action-plans for the same will be discussed.
– As far as possible, positive, friendly ways to resolve the grievances will be used, rather than punitive steps.
– The committee and authorities will act impartially and try to resolve matters as amicably as possible.
- The committee will follow documentation of the procedures and of all necessary steps taken to resolve grievances. The committee will maintain a register of grievances, steps taken to address grievances, and meetings conducted by the committee.
- Reports will be submitted to Internal Quality Assurance Cell along with supporting documents.
Outcome: Maintenance of a harmonious environment for student learning